"CMOS CHECKSUM BAD" on a p5kc

otaku

Hi guys, could anyone help me with this? I've been having nightmares since i bought this p5kc

I tried changing the motherboard memory, but the CMOS CHECKSUM BAD still persist

I thought it was my windows , so i reformated and re-installed my wins xp again, but it still there

So yeah ... if anyone could help me with this, I'll really appreciate it
The problem starts when i start up my computer, and after the "Asus" logo or wallpaper appears , then i get the message "CMOS CHECKSUM BAD", press f1 to run SETUP, press f2 to load default values and continue.

and everytime i press f2 to run the default values and continue .. my computer clock will always get reseted .

thats about it. please guys, help me out on this
P.S here is the info of my computer if you need it

(i dont have a floopy drive, will that cause the cmos error?)

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Quad-Core Socket LGA775, 2.40 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 8MB L2 Cache, 65nm (Retail Box) (BX80562Q6600)

Asus P5K-C Socket 775 Intel P35 ICH9 Chipset Dual-Channel DDR2 1066/800/667Mhz & DDR3 1333/1066/800 eSATA/SATA 3.0Gb/s Firewire 12x USB 2.0

XFX GeForce 8600 GT XXX Video Card - FREE Company of Heroes PC Game, 256MB DDR3, SLI Ready, PCI Express, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, Video Card

OCZ (OCZ2P800R22GK) DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHz Platinum XTC Revision 2 2GB (2x1024MB) Dual Channel Kit

Seagate Barracuda (ST3250410AS) 7200.10 250GB SATA2 8.5MS 7200RPM 16MB Cache Hard Drive

Pioneer DVR-212D(Black) SATA DVD-Writer 18x DVD+R/-R 8x DVD+RW/6x DVD-RW 8x DVD+/-R9 Dual Layer 40x CD-R 32x CD-RW OEM

Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Ultimate Gamer Case

Antec TRUEPOWER TRIO 650W TP3 ATX12V 120MM FAN 4 SATA 2 PCIE FCC

Vizy

i couldnt read ur whole post but this may be the problem:

The checksum error message happens when u reset ur cmos {completely default ur motherboard bios like new}. People do it sometimes to get rid of a bad overclock. Its not because u dont have afloppy drive, alot of people don't. u need to refer to ur mobo manual and check all ur jumpers on the MOBO itself is set correctly. Otherwise, it might require a flash of the bios.

post back

EDIT: btw make sure u knw what ur doin if u wanna go ahead and flash the mobo

otaku

im not really good with bios. i never done a bios update or the flash thingie.
i'll double check all my jumpers tomorrow. .. and .. btw .. i use sata for my HDD and dvd room .. i dun think that can cuase a cmos.

could it be my ram? cuz i got them pretty cheap 50 bucks for 4G ddr 880mhz
? .. maybe?

Vizy

im not really good with bios. i never done a bios update or the flash thingie.
i'll double check all my jumpers tomorrow. .. and .. btw .. i use sata for my HDD and dvd room .. i dun think that can cuase a cmos.

could it be my ram? cuz i got them pretty cheap 50 bucks for 4G ddr 880mhz
? .. maybe?

that is cheap ram lol, it would be better if u posted up the company adn stuff...but i really don't think that is the reason. as for the SATA stuff..no. Yea check ur jumpers tomorrow and the battery tom.

goodluck