comp freezing

hlp

snice spring hit my comp been freezing from time to time but not your normal freeze when running to many programs no what happens is that when I leave programs open or like for example I have Msn or firefox it's works as long it's being use but when I leave or don't use it for a period of time is just freezes like that! pretty much it freezes when not in use. at first i though it was just the game i been playing n it might be overheat from that. dont know if it has anything to do with my room temp. my room temp is usally about 70-80F during spring to summer
my CPU usage usally around 24-49% even during gaming it only add like 10 more % i overclock my cpu cooler fan also at max speed. last time i put thermal past on the cpu was about 1 year ago dont know if it effect it in anyway or dust effect.

running:
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
4GB
Invidia GTX 460 SE
Intel core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz

Last edited:

wolfeking

banned
have you defragged the drive recently, and cleaned out bad or unneeded registry entries? Ccleaner can clean the registry, and windows has the defrag software.

Once you do this, try it to see if it still freezes. Report back your findings, and father help will be here if needed.