I have a Compaq Presario that has the following specs:

1.2Ghz Celeron Processor
256MB SDRAM
Integrated Audio
Integrated Video
CD-RW Drive
Floppy Drive
40GB IDE Hard Drive

Im wondering if i should try and sell it on eBay, or if i should just take the parts out and use it in some other computer. (If i seel it on eBay, how much money do you think I will get?)

Lax

VIP Member
I wouldn't say more than 200$ at the MOST if you tried to sell it on ebay. Best bet would be to keep it, and see if you can get a lot of other parts then take it apart and sell the pieces as a lot.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I have an old AMD 550MHz as my server and I use it daily for files then quite often as a net server. REally nice to have around...

Geoff

VIP Member
Praetor said:
You should keep the system around as a side-system ... a dedicated server even :)
I would except i took out the DVD Burner, CD Burner, Floppy Drive, and Hard drive from it. All i have left of it is the processor, case, motherboard and ram. lol

Thanks for the suggestions though

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I would except i took out the DVD Burner, CD Burner, Floppy Drive, and Hard drive from it. All i have left of it is the processor, case, motherboard and ram. lol
Well add a harddrive and you'll be back in business ... if you sold it as it was you'd be lucky to get more than $100CAD from me for it