Compaq V2000Z memory question.

j0hn00

I'm 30 and counting and am never ever going back to school. I think a new notebook is a big investment at any age. Anyway, I've got a desktop with an Athlon 64 3400+ and a vanilla 6800 video card. It does okay for BF2, which I'm terrible at, but gives me a few hours of bliss per week. Other than BF2, I only play the Tiger Woods series. So you see, I'm not really a hardcore gamer. My current desktop should be okay for another year and like I've said before, I'm hoping my new notebook will suffice for a good two years before I get frustrated with the lack of speed.

alanuofm

VIP Member
j0hn00 said:
I'm 30 and counting and am never ever going back to school. I think a new notebook is a big investment at any age. Anyway, I've got a desktop with an Athlon 64 3400+ and a vanilla 6800 video card. It does okay for BF2, which I'm terrible at, but gives me a few hours of bliss per week. Other than BF2, I only play the Tiger Woods series. So you see, I'm not really a hardcore gamer. My current desktop should be okay for another year and like I've said before, I'm hoping my new notebook will suffice for a good two years before I get frustrated with the lack of speed.

you are not going to find a laptop that is going to beat that desktop unless you shell out a good 2000$. please list the rest of the specs on your desktop. there is no reason it shouldn't play bf2 well.

j0hn00

I meant that my desktop is nice enough for me. I have no problems running BF2 or any other software for that matter. Anyway, thanks for all the replies. I still have over a week of wait time before my laptop is shipped (I think from China). So until then, it's all hope and anticipation.