Compaq vs Toshiba!

shupola

i would say the toshiba. its cheaper. they are both pretty similar though.

i would recomend getting more ram for either one of them. 256mb will be pretty slow, depending on what you are gonna be using it for.

btw, i think you will be getting an EXCELLENT deal on either one of them;)

Jerkstore

In my experiences selling laptops....Toshiba is teh suck
In my experience owning laptops....Compaq is no better

I'd recommend you an Acer or an Asus, but for that price, whatever you get....you get what you pay for

computerhakk

VIP Member
the toshiba. they're pretty sturdy and reliable.

i have a toshiba for about 2 years now... nothing wrong... still works as if it was still new... but they're some of the good brands out there.

Industry2m

Jerkstore said:
In my experiences selling laptops....Toshiba is teh suck
In my experience owning laptops....Compaq is no better

I'd recommend you an Acer or an Asus, but for that price, whatever you get....you get what you pay for

Toshiba is suck? ok then.

Toshiba is one of the best notebooks to buy. I wouldn't even touch the compaq. Acer is my next choice.

Geoff

VIP Member
I think a $380 laptop with those specs will be very good for me, all i play on doing is Internet, microsoft office stuff, IMing, and games like CS 1.6 and AoE2.

Geoff

VIP Member
Well if you get it at a store, then they should have a 30 day warrenty or something, so if it breaks within that time then bring it back.

Jerkstore

I would go with the HP based on the AMD alone...
I've had better performance, longer life and overall better computing using AMD over any Intel products

Some will say otherwise, but it's just a matter of oppinion
The last HP I bought though...was a mistake (P4 2.8Ghz) and I was kicking myself pretty much right away for buying it

HP has no support for Linux, they basically told me that I voided my warranty when I installed SUSE (which is a joke cause it's only software), I was simply displeased with their support and functionality....at the same time, I could say the same thing about the toshiba's that I've come across