--- Computer Build Problem -- Nothing shows up on screen!

rentalking

Hey guys so my buddy is putting together a video editing computer for me ( I am the one funding this and he's built about 20 computers in his life and here is the problem, everything was connected properly -- as far as he knows -- when we power the computer on and hook it up to a monitor absolutely nothing happens on the monitor. The computer is on, all the fans are spinning but there is no BIOS being displayed on the monitor, it doesnt register a signal of any sort. I think part of the problem as far as trying to diagnose the issue is that neither computer case nor the motherboard appear to have a speaker that would usually prompt you as to what the problem might be....any suggestions???

Thanks!

SPECS ARE BELOW

Processor: i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz

Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth z77

RAM : Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800)

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Internal Desktop Hard Drive

SSD: Crucial M500 240GB SATA 2.5-Inch 7mm (with 9.5mm adapter) Internal Solid State Drive

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 770 GDDR5-4GB 2xDVI/HDMI/DP OC WINDFORCE 3X Graphics Card GV-N770OC-4GD

Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast Series CP-9020039-NA650W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular High Performance Power Supply

Case: CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced - Gaming Mid Tower Computer Case with Carrying Handles, Black

Thanks a lot!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That board does have the connection for a system speaker. However, are you sure you have both the 6 pin and 8 pin pciexpress power connections from the power supply connected to the video card?

Deviousmind

Instead of sitting around scratching your heads go and buy a internal speaker for the pc (surprised your m8 has`nt got one as he`s built pc`s before) fit it and turn it on and listen to the beeps,
This will tell you exactly whats wrong

spirit

Staff member
Have you plugged the PCIe power connectors into that 770?

Have you tried reseating the graphics card?

Have you tried reseating the RAM or removing a stick?

m3incorp

Are you able to temporary try a different GPU or even use the video connections on the motherboard to rule out any GPU problems?