Computer Business

itsmeali

New Member
I am planning on starting a computer repair business but also I offer building custom computers based on the needs of the customer... does anyone already run a business or know what the market is for the computer business. Is it something can make money on a weekly bases or what rate can I find myself finding a customers, also if anyone can give me a few tips on how to get customers...
 
I have my own part time computer repair business and fortunately I've been very steadily busy the last few months. I've been doing this for about 15 years only by word of mouth but I've recently made up some business cards to hand out to new customers for them to hand out to friends and relatives.

As far as getting customers, you just have to get your name out there by performing good service and not ripping anyone off. The closest major computer repair place is geek squad/best buy(major ripoff company) about 30 minutes away so I get all the ones that live by me.

It all depends on where you live at and how busy you'll be or how far you want to travel as I do house calls since I do everything from my home if it requires extensive repairs or troubleshooting. However, most of my house calls are malware related and we all know a lot of computer users don't know how to surf safely and will click on anything.

The only major advice I can give you is to advertise, advertise, advertise. Make up some business cards and put up in stores, laundromats, anywhere people go.
 
Hi, Thanks for the tips and I will inform you in my progress as I go along and if you can help me with other problems that may occur during the process. BUT I am very thankful for your informative response.
 
When i worked at a computer shop (a local place too) it was on a main road. we did an experiment one day. We put up some signs along the main road maybe 100m before the store, and 100m up the road on the other side, and we got more customers.

This place also had cards, booklets and all the like. And they did house calls for anything you can think of.

Most of my working hours were spent setting up costomers fixed computers at their home. this kind of service is a must. plenty of people know how to unplug everything, but putting them back in seems to me an impossible task! :P
 
Back
Top