Computer case, for HD's

lostsoul62

I'm looking for a Computer case that I can easily put in 5 hard drives. One that has a clear view of the Motherboard. the computer I built last year was a pain for HD assembly because I had to go and get 1 1/4" screws. This is a cheap computer build, just a backup for my main computer. I have so many parts that 2/3 of the computer build I have. Don't want to pay over $50. Any suggestions?

beers

Staff member
Im using an antec 300 for my file server. Plenty of drive bays and hdd fan positions by default, not to mention it's made of steel and is pretty cheap.

lostsoul62

Looks like a great case but I need one with a clear views of the Motherboard so I can see the cpu fan running. I burn up one computer this way.

beers

Staff member
Looks like a great case but I need one with a clear views of the Motherboard so I can see the cpu fan running. I burn up one computer this way.
Seeing how hot components are visually sounds like a valuable skill.

Reactions: C4C

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
That's what the "CPU FAN FAILURE WARNING" option in the BIOS is for :rolleyes:

Reactions: C4C

lostsoul62

I really like the plastic side cover so I can look in but maybe I should research your suggestion, if I can get the computer to tell me if the cpu fan stops, thanks