Computer doesn't recognize key strokes

nathanmoorehead

Recently my Compaq Presario 2100 has intermittently stopped recognizing keystrokes. Sch as thi andthis

I have checked for viruses with Mcafee and spyware with Ad Aware. I used the latest versions and definitions for both programs.

Are there any troubleshooting steps I can take that could resolve this problem? I live in North Las Vegas, Nevada. Could you recommend a place I can take my laptop to get this problem fixed?

ckfordy

banned
take the keyboard out of the laptop and see if theres anything wrong and if theres any dust in there blow it out and put the keyboard back in and see what happens

ilovefishsticks

hook up a keyboard like they said above.
I have checked for viruses with Mcafee and spyware with Ad Aware. I used the latest versions and definitions for both programs.
For the most part, virus protection is false protection. Altho they do catch some know viruses

nathanmoorehead

Problem found

I noticed the battery light was flashing when I turned the laptop off. I figured there must be something wrong with the battery. I took the battery out (there is a release on the bottom, the battery slides right out from the side of the laptop) and it was wet. I took the battery out and the problem went away. Now I just need to get a replacement battery from HP and all will be well again.

Thankyou all for the help, if it happens again I will attach an external ps2 keyboard until I can find a good repair shop.