Computer doesn't start sometimes

Bartmasta

banned
Well it's not exactly a problem but it does waste some of my time and maybe you guys will know how to fix it.

When I try to boot up my computer I just get a black screen and to get it working I need to press the reset button once or maybe a few times or turn off the PSU in the back and turn it back on and turn my on my rig.

It started happening from when I mounted my arctic cooler freezer pro 64.

Any ideas on what it may be?

Hugh9191

do you not have another computer around? You could put it alongside yours and plug it in that way without having to take the psu out.

you would only really need to connect up the motherboard (don't really need to bother with the drives).

I recon the psus the first thing to rule out so it might be a good idea to borrow one to test it.

Bartmasta

banned
I do have another computer but it's an old one from 2003 ish with a Pentium 4 so the PSU will be too weak for my rig. This means it wont work right?

Hugh9191

quite probably. I expect your current pc requires the extra 4 pins on the motherboard connector for the power and I doubt the pentium 4 pc will have that. May be worth checking tho. If it has the right connections then it will probably do to test the system (you wouldnt want to run perminantly on it.)

If it does have the right connecions there is no need to plug the drives in as we just need to test the system board.