Computer doesn't turn on??

Geoff

VIP Member
I recently sold my computer on ebay, and he had a problem, returned it, and now i have it. This is the problem:

When the computer is plugged in, i turn on the computer with the switch from the back, and they keyboard lights flash, and turn off (no fans turn on and there are no beeps). The front power and reset switch dont work either.

I was thinking that this was either a power supply or motherboard problem since my friend had the same problem but his problem was with his power supply. I tried using the power supply from my other computer, and the same thing happened. So now i think its a motherboard property. I just want to know what you think the problem is.

Dropkickmurphys

when my motherboard died in my pc, the front power button DID work, the fans did not turn and nothing would power up properly but the power was definately there, i think it must be your psu, i cant think of anything else it could be.

EDIT: maybe the guy you sold it to did something to it?

Platinum

Well if you have a 400 watt PSU, then test it with a 400 watt PSU, it still may not work, it may need more power. Try throwing in a PSU with more power, see what happens. It's weird because if that is the problem, then you would have never been able to start the machine, maybe he switched out the PSU, I don't know. If it worked before you sent it, then he sends it back claiming it doesn't work, he most likely did something, so he sent it back to get his money back.

Geoff

VIP Member
i think 400 watts is plenty, i replaced it with a working psu from my other computer, and it didnt work, i got the same problem. Im thinking it must be the motherboad, because why would that happen when i tried both?

Geoff

VIP Member
Dropkickmurphys said:
EDIT: maybe the guy you sold it to did something to it?

I dont think he would, because i dont refund him the $60 for shipping, or for him to ship it back, so he would loose out $75 on that deal.