Dep. McGuire
New Member
I have a Dell Desktop P4 3.0ghz 2.0 gb ddr2 ram nvidia geforce 7600gt 40 gb hdd for the OS and a 120gb hdd for everything else. Computer was running Great but i wanted to get 1 bigger hdd instead of 2 and thats were i started to run into problems. My mother board had a couple blown capacitors so i decided to replace it. I replaced the mother board with a Gigabyte ultra dual bios S2 series motherboard. I used all my existing internals except I replaced the the 2 hdds with a WD 7200 320gb. I noticed when i was loading windows 7 it got to the loading screen and it took like 10 to 15 minutes to start the install which it only took a minute or two with my old setup. after installing windows everything thing seemed to be working ok. I installed a few programs and noticed while the programs were running my computer was slow!
mouse was chopping and laggy across the screen, and they were programs that were win 7 compatible and did not use alot of memory or cpu usage. I then tried youtube to watch a video to make sure my sound drivers were installed and the video was lagging bad. These are basic programs and operations that a p 2 could handle why can't mine? All drivers are up to date. Sorry for the long post but wanted to be as specific as possible.. any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. 