Computer running really slow... Help me out plz...

houssam_ballout

hi, have u ever to use the msconfig utility in windows, it is located from : start --> run --> msconfig, and then go to startup, and uncheck the programs that u don't want to run when windows start.
and then u will be asked to restart the pc, save ur changes and then restart, and then ur pc will be speed up.
try it and post questions as u want.

Drastik

houssam_ballout said:
hi, have u ever to use the msconfig utility in windows, it is located from : start --> run --> msconfig, and then go to startup, and uncheck the programs that u don't want to run when windows start.
and then u will be asked to restart the pc, save ur changes and then restart, and then ur pc will be speed up.
try it and post questions as u want.

And what about the windows media player slowness? :confused:

houssam_ballout

try to use the standard console (looks like the old version of windows media player), also try to disable the graphics of the windwos media player,
for my advice, try to use the winamp it is very efficient, and have less cost on the use of memory.

Drastik

I dont think that would work because its the background processes that the player uses which laggs my system out.

houssam_ballout

try to go to settings to ur media player, and then chose not to update, and other things related to internet and upgrading,
honstly, I usually don't use the media player for the same reason, since it loads the processor with great space, and in the other hand I can use winamp , which is simple, and at least we are hearing sound ....

Drastik

I disabled windows media player to connect to the internet....
Still the same problem.

It never did this before....it only started to do this yesterday. i dont know whats gone wrong....