computer stoped booting

brian

VIP Member
I just built my friend a new computer; Gigabyte MB GA-EP45-UD3L, 4 GB ram, 550W psu, dual core 2 3.0 ghz... I set it all up and installed vista and the drivers and all went well until we shutdown and installed windows updates. Once it shut down, I tried to start it but it would only turn on for a split sec before it shut off again. No beeps or anything out of the ordinary. I tried everything, resetting the bios (taking the battery out and shorting the pins), removing the power to the hd (to see if there was too much draw), making sure everything was connected correctly, reseating the RAM. But it still does not boot up.

I think it is either a bad MB or PSU. But the MB comes with the dual bios so if one fails the other should kick in so I don't know whats up. I was going to call gigabyte today and try a different PSU but is there any thing you would try to get it to boot?

us11csalyer

if it worked before vista update try putting hdd in another pc as a slave and format it then put it back into your new build and see if you are able to reinstall windows.

brian

VIP Member
It doesn't even make it past post so it does not even read the HD. I also did try to remove the HD and it did not change anything