Computer Very Slow

Ryman21

Okee Dokee..let ya no the results when its done,....itll probably be a while...the damn thing lags every minute

Ryman21

Better than Norton..Piece of crap..always says 5 adware things then i press delete and it says "Delete Failed" "Delete Failed"...it sucks..

Ryman21

Ok...still no luck....is my last option reformatting my hd?? If so, how do i do it and is it possible to keep my programs on, just restore all the defaults to everything else...id rather not have to re-install everything if possible

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
What could it be that thing that slows down your computer?
Let's see if we can catch it: run Procexp (arrange its window and the columns properly to see all the processes) and wait until the next lag. Then make a screenshot and post it here.

Ryman21

Ok..i took a screenshot and even a compressed zip-file, its still too large..However.When i check the CPU usage System Idle Process takes up 98-100% while everything else is 0 except for process explorer (2) and new start button (3-5)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
If the Idle Process is above 90% then where's the lag?
Background HDD optimization. You can have 95+% Idle and the drive can chew itself to crap resulting in zero performance. I usually find this only happens if you have craploads upon craploads of nested big files (more so with AVI and other media types where the OS attempts to pre-deal with them)