Computer wont start again.

trajan22

So I had posted here a while back in November about how my computer would not start. The only sign of life is the green light on the mobo.
These are my system specs

Motherboard Asus K8N-E deluxe socket 754
CPU AMD athlon 64
nvidia gforce 6600
CORSAIR XMS 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200)(Im pretty sure this is the memory I have.)

So today I shut down my computer and now it wont turn back on. I know it isnt the psu and yes its plugged in. Im not really sure what could be causing this because Ive monitored the temperature and it always appears to be fine. But this will be the second time my motherboard will need replacing and I really cant deal with this every six months. Not to mention that asus might get tired of replacing it.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Last edited:

oscaryu1

VIP Member
No beeps or anything?

RAM: A bad stick of ram could be the culprit, as with a loose stick of ram.

VIDEO CARD: dead/bad video card could be the problem too

CONFLICT: a hardware conflict could be causing this too, start out with the basic components to get the computer started

SHORTING: motherboard touch the case, causing it to be grounded (i think)

PSU: the psu maybe bad after all, theres no real way to check unless your swap it with another computer

COOLING: i have a computer that wont turn on if the CPU fan is not spinning, check that

Good luck bro!

trajan22

well i know its not the psu cuz i swapped it and it worked in the other computer. But yeah there are no beeps or anything, the thing is though it worked for six months with no problems whatsoever. Ill try taking everything out and adding it one by one.

trajan22

Well with everything disconnected cept the mobo and psu. No beeps or anything except for the little green light on the motherboard which was on the last time this happened.