Connect 5.1 speakers to netbook

FXB

I have the Logitech X-530 5.1 sourround sound speaker system which comes with 5 speakers a subwoofer and volume control. My notebook only has a headphone jack and microphone jack. These speakers have three connectors. So my question is. Can I get an adapter for this?

deanj20

It looks to me like it just has 1 3.5mm jack - the three connector (RYW) go into the back of the subwoofer...

FXB

I have 2 3.5mm jacks and there are 3 3.5mm jacks coming out of the speaker system

FXB

I do have an expansion slot. How do I know if it is PCMCIA? This solution won't work once I buy a mac.

astrallite

The only way to get surround sound off of a stock notebook is through its hdmi output, which, the X-530s has no ability to take in.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Have you considered a USB sound card? I know there are a couple out there that support 5.1. Just don't get lured into those fake virtual surround-sound USB sound cards I think we sold one at one point that said 7.1 virtual surround sound but it was actually just a two channel output :p

FXB

Yes I've looked into that but I cant seem to find some that are made for this system

CareyS

Is there some sort of adapter?

I made an adapter for mine.
Pics:
1z381mv.jpg

Ignore the video cable.

Update:
I found this on Best Buy's site.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Creativ...Card/8953705.p?id=1216423921440&skuId=8953705

Last edited: