connecting my adaptive telephone to PC audio while upgrading soundcard

dmehling

I have what seems to be a very complicated situation and I'm looking for the cheapest solution without sacrificing too much quality. I apologize in advance if I have made this too confusing. It's hard to really give the gist of it without tons of details.

I am getting a specialized telephone because of my physical disability. I am planning on connecting the headset output of the phone to my soundcard. I have a really great microphone for voice recognition, and I'm looking into upgrading my earbuds to something slightly better. I want to use my VR microphone and earbuds with my phone rather than an uncomfortable headset. I want the audio of the phone to come through my PC so that I can use the same set of earbuds for phone and PC audio. (I cannot move because of my physical condition, so I can't switch earbuds every time I want to make a phone call)

I'm not exactly sure the best way of doing this, but I think that I would need to connect the audio output of the headset adapter to the line input of my soundcard. And from there, I would need to direct that input to another soundcard which I would plug my earphones into. My main soundcard to which my stereo speakers are connected is a creative x-fi extreme audio. My secondary soundcard is one of those cheap $10 syba USB cards that looks like a flash drive. I have my Logitech PC speakers connected to the USB soundcard, and my earbuds are plugged into the headphone output.

I have a couple of issues. One is latency. Since I don't have the highest quality gear, I'm afraid that there might be a significant delay because of using two soundcards. My second issue is the fact I am also considering upgrading one or both of my soundcards. I listen to a lot of 320kbps streaming music and I want to enhance my listening experience by buying a USB DAC. Of course, they are not designed for playing back audio from an incoming source in real time, like I will need to do with my telephone. For that I would need a pro audio sound card for recording. I was thinking that instead of a DAC, I should buy a pro audio card. But at my budget, I'm not sure if any of those pro audio cards would contain the kind of DAC I would like to have. I would like to spend no more than $100 on new equipment.

dmehling

Okay, disregard my complicated question above. I have a much simpler question that will take care of the complicated one:

If I plug in a headset adapter into my phone and connect it to the line in and line out jacks of my two soundcards, (one connected to my speakers and the other to my microphone), will I likely have feedback issues? I can route the phone audio to my earbuds which will be just like using a phone handset, and I know there should be no issue with that. But if I have the phone audio coming out of my speakers, I am concerned about a feedback loop between the speakers and microphone.