Connecting to my network

NikkiR

Hello,
This is my first post here.

I've been having a problem on and off connecting to my local area network via the main home computer.

At present I have a wireless network set up with the cable going from the modem to the desktop pc. I can still access the internet via my laptop.

Every couple of days I have been receiving the message 'network cable unplugged' even though the cable is in. I ensured the cable was plugged in and rebooted the computer... nothing. Finally I unplugged the power cable and plugged it all back in five minutes later and it worked. Now I am still getting the message, still every couple of days, roughly. I've taken it to PC World as I've just come out of hospital and didn't want to deal with this myself, but I was fobbed off with the dust may be causing the problem. I know it's not, I've been clearing it out quite frequently.

When I got it home I plugged it all back in and noticed the indicator light is flicking on and off on the back of the computer. I tried the cable on my laptop and can see that the cable is connecting absolutely fine.

Can anyone suggest a possible fix?! I'm fairly ok with computers as I pick things up quickly, but some things may need to be explained.

Many Thanks

Nikki

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You might want to update the network driver or it could be possible that the card is going out and you need to buy a new one.