connection tray

dawson1987

when i am on the internet for a long time and try to disconnect the connection tray stays in the taskbar. this is although i seem to be disconnected. when i shutdown i get an error message saying "end program - connection tray" after clicking "end now" the computer still does not shutdown. how can i resolve this problem?

highmoor

Connections tray on disconnection of internet

Hello,

After reading your post I must say that I am having the same problems and its very annoying. It wont let me take the task bar tool off at disconnection, and then when you try to either reconnect or shut down the computer it wont do it. If it does go to shut down then it freezes in saving your settings screen and then you have to manually stop the pc by holding the stasrt up button in.

dawson1987

are you using p2p software. i use imesh and limewire. i suspect it could be one of these that is causing the problem. but i dont know y or if there is a way of preventing it.

mikekelly

do you guys have BT internet ? why i ask is, I have just solved the very same problem by installing a home wireless home network and dumping the BT software and tacky modem for a wireless/modem router. i know you might not be able to fix the problem the same way as me, but i would at least try getting a new modem from a third party.

the problem isnt the internet it is the P2P file sharing even after ares or kazaa had been shut down for like 5 minutes and all u/l & d/l were shut down my pc would not log off properly.

the next time i would reboot i would have install the drivers on my pc or laptop again which was frustrating as hell. when you phone BT up all they have to say is blah.
a friend of mine uses p2p software and he has never had this problem, the only thing differnt about my friend was that he uses AOL and not BT

Last edited: