CoolerMaster 590 case mod

zer0_c00l

ya i was looking for 90, and i really like black with red ( nice find bomber) so i think im starting my project sunday ill post pics.. cutting a fan maount in bottom of the case by the psu kinda like the 690 ,and painting the inside black and orange tooless mounts are gonna be orange and black and mybe some red in there. gonna play with the addon side window maybe put some mesh grill in adding coolermaster black red fans....so far thats all i can think of..

Last edited:

Ethan3.14159

May wanna consider these, 90cfm at ~20dba:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&cm_re=coolermaster_r4-_-35-103-063-_-Product

LED's arent the brightest in the world however
I know this is a bit of a bump, but I just have to point out something. I have 3 of those fans in my case and when they are running at full speed, yes they move 90 cfm, but they are sooooooo loud. Not even close to 20dba. What's worse is that they aren't PWM, which means no variable speed without a fan controller. I would seriously tell everyone to avoid these fans unless they have a fan controller... or you like your computer to sound like a wind tunnel. They do look good though. :p

bomberboysk

I know this is a bit of a bump, but I just have to point out something. I have 3 of those fans in my case and when they are running at full speed, yes they move 90 cfm, but they are sooooooo loud. Not even close to 20dba. What's worse is that they aren't PWM, which means no variable speed without a fan controller. I would seriously tell everyone to avoid these fans unless they have a fan controller... or you like your computer to sound like a wind tunnel. They do look good though. :p
Faulty perhaps? If i bring my rig to a dead silence(gpu fans low as they go, side panel fans off, everything in my room turned off) i can barely hear them and mine are mounted externally.

Ethan3.14159

Faulty perhaps? If i bring my rig to a dead silence(gpu fans low as they go, side panel fans off, everything in my room turned off) i can barely hear them and mine are mounted externally.
3 faulty fans? I doubt it. They are loud, and I work with 2 guys who also have them and agree that's they are too loud. We also get customers returning them because they say 20 db. Cooler Master was very clever in marketing their fans. Our technician called CM, and they said that it never promises 90 cfm @ 20db noise level, but since they are right next to each other on the packaging people assume that's what they mean. Since I now have my case in a sort of cubby in my desk, the noise isn't so bad, though. So, my girlfriend doesn't nag me anymore about the noise.

ScottALot

What? To me, putting it somewhere else doesn't solve the problem, if that's what you're palming about.

Ethan3.14159

What? To me, putting it somewhere else doesn't solve the problem, if that's what you're palming about.
There is no problem except for they are damn loud fans. That is all. At 2000 RPM what fan isn't loud? My point is that they aren't 20 dba at full speed. And I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who didn't have a fan controller.

bomberboysk

Honestly unless your running a passive or watercooled GPU, the fan on the gpu will be quite a bit louder than the coolermaster r4's.

zer0_c00l

Have you done anything yet, or decided what you're going to do?

ya ive got it apart and waiting on the fans ill post some pics today also i think my gtx 260 will look good in there lol
000_1495.jpg
my card i had lying around