Cooling A Cube Case

xXAaronXx

Hi, this is my very first post here.

The problem I am having is my antec aria case:
http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=15130

The case gets too hot and causes the computer to start running loud after a short time unless I remove the top. I have two windows put into the side which I had a fan on each which kept the computer cool, but looked stupid and all the leds on the fans went out after a short time.

I am looking for an internal cooling system for my case, please help me out, and if you know where to get a good deal, please let me know.

Thanks!

mikejr

Make sure your fans aren't running against each other... In other words, make one an exhaust fan, and the other a supply fan. You will move more air that way rather than just pressurizing the case slightly....

xXAaronXx

Took out the two side fans.

Well I only got the fan in the card slot inserted now. I am not sure what other fan that this has right now. I took out the two other fans, they were attached to the glass on the outside and just looked really ugly. They kept it plenty cool, I just hated how they looked on there.

So now I am just looking for fans, or other cooling devices I would be able to fit inside the computer.

This thing has a big grill setup on the back for a large fan, but I am not sure what this computer has, I know the power supply is over half the grill.

ckfordy

banned
xXAaronXx said:
Well I only got the fan in the card slot inserted now. I am not sure what other fan that this has right now. I took out the two other fans, they were attached to the glass on the outside and just looked really ugly. They kept it plenty cool, I just hated how they looked on there.

So now I am just looking for fans, or other cooling devices I would be able to fit inside the computer.

This thing has a big grill setup on the back for a large fan, but I am not sure what this computer has, I know the power supply is over half the grill.

you know just because the fans looked ugly on the case doesnt mean you have to remove them they were cooling the case just fine like you said
i wouldnt waste money on more fans when you could put the other two back one but thats just me not being stupid unlike you

and this is in the wrong section

lynx6200

you could maybe stick the fans on the inside of the case, rather than outside, if they fit, so that you cant see them, but they will still function properly. Water cooling is also effective, but pricey of course.

xXAaronXx

thats you not being stupid huh? I got this case because I liked the look of it, I dont want fans on there making it look crappy hanging off the sides. I am sorry for wanting the case I bought because of its size and how it looks to look good, sure is crazy i know....Provide some real help next time how about?

mikejr

xXAaronXx,

does the CPU heatsink use a heat-pipe setup, or just fins? Did you use just a little bit of thermal grease - or too much/none? Are you oc'ing the proc? All of these things will degrade thermal performance.

Small shuttle sized cases are notorious for running hot. If you have the space, I would put the largest fan (large = quit) I could fit in the back as an exhaust, then use any little ones you have for supplying cool air into the case.

And that's me giving good, useful advice :)

xXAaronXx

Ya I wanted to try get some for the inside, or put the ones I had inside, but there just isnt enough room. I dont even think I have a finger with between the glass and the mount holding the cd drive.