Cordless Keyboard HELP!!!!

thedoors27

Yesterday i bought a cordless keyboard and mouse (rf sensor)

Everytime i turn off my computer and turn it back on i have to set up the sensor with the mouse etc, by pressing a few buttons, should i be doing this?

Is there any way to stop this or am i just going to have to put up with it?

:)

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
It's not a normal behaviour. My cordless mouse works perfectly without pressing those buttons even after replacing the battery...

thedoors27

what can i do???? In the instruction manual it says it would be better to put the usb sensor into the front usb, at the moment mine is in a back usb port. Would this actually change anything?

Last edited:

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
I don't think there could be any difference between plugging in the front or rear USB connector.
Mine is plugged in the PS/2 port with an USB to PS/2 adapter, because when it's connected in the USB port the mouse has some lags.

thedoors27

I tried doing that, using the usb in the usb to ps2 adapter and then neither mouse or keyboard would work. Eek. I changed it all back to normal and now my mouse LAGS badly. Do you think it could be the cheap batteries that came free with the keyboard and mouse?

thedoors27

It's ok now ive managed to fix the problem. When setting the keyboard and mouse up with the sensor, I wasn't clicking the button a second time for it to remember its status. Thanks for your help :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Everytime I turn off my computer and turn it back on I have to set up the sensor with the mouse etc, by pressing a few buttons, should I be doing this?
Depends on what you mean by "turn off the computer" ... if it entailes killing power to the receiver than it will happen :)