Core2Duo - SLi - DDR2 800 - LGA775

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
the one you did, that P5N32 Deluxe thingy, from overclockers uk. Once you add it to the cart it adds VAT, then when you checkout it adds delivery, all gets to £150

draon

Rambo

the one you did, that P5N32 Deluxe thingy, from overclockers uk. Once you add it to the cart it adds VAT, then when you checkout it adds delivery, all gets to £150

draon

Yeah, I hate the VAT charges they apply to all their products. The annoying part is they add VAT on the postage cost, not just the item... But their service as a whole is good quality...

Anyway, there aren't many other boards out which fit your specification. I think you'd be better off with a Gigabyte (D)S3 to be honest, but at the end of the day, it is up to you...

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Yeah, I hate the VAT charges they apply to all their products. The annoying part is they add VAT on the postage cost, not just the item... But their service as a whole is good quality...

Anyway, there aren't many other boards out which fit your specification. I think you'd be better off with a Gigabyte (D)S3 to be honest, but at the end of the day, it is up to you...
Okidoki, I'll have a little searcha round and ask a few more people, cheers for your help in finding that borad aswell, i may actually get that one...

Oh wait, after doing some calculations, the OC.co.uk comes out at order at £150.86... The full order from ebuyer with crappy mobo comes out at ~788. If i cancel the mobo on the ebuyer order and get the P5N32 Deluxe from OC.co.uk the total spend (distributed over two sites) actually goes down to ~182.... So infact, getting the more expensive mobo from OC.co.uk and taking the mobo off of the ebuyer order is a better deal.... how it works i have no idea, but it does and i think that is possibly what i will do...

Cheers rambo, i think ive just found my motherboard, lol

dragon

Saurian

Dragon, for what you want I think you need to wait for the Geforce 590 for Intel to drop and become mainstream. If I haven't got a motherboard by the time it comes out, I might have to wait and get some numbers on it too.

What is your opinion of this?

Rambo

Okidoki, I'll have a little searcha round and ask a few more people, cheers for your help in finding that borad aswell, i may actually get that one...

Oh wait, after doing some calculations, the OC.co.uk comes out at order at £150.86... The full order from ebuyer with crappy mobo comes out at ~788. If i cancel the mobo on the ebuyer order and get the P5N32 Deluxe from OC.co.uk the total spend (distributed over two sites) actually goes down to ~182.... So infact, getting the more expensive mobo from OC.co.uk and taking the mobo off of the ebuyer order is a better deal.... how it works i have no idea, but it does and i think that is possibly what i will do...

Cheers rambo, i think ive just found my motherboard, lol

dragon

I take it you meant ~782, right? lol...

Have you thought about ordering all your components from overclockers.co.uk? Just a thought - it might save you some more money... :)

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
I take it you meant ~782, right? lol...

Have you thought about ordering all your components from overclockers.co.uk? Just a thought - it might save you some more money... :)
Sorry, my typo error there, yes, it goes down to 782 which is like £5 cheaper than if i order it all from ebuyer. and with the ebuyer order it would be a really crappy motherboard, so sl=plitting the order is a VERY good idea.

And no, i hadnt thought about doing that, i will though, i will do it tomorrow as it is very late now and i have work tomorrow. But if the mobo is anything to go by it SHOULD be cheaper (if they have the bits i want)

Cheers rambo, dragon

*EDIT* - And whats this nVidia 590 thingy then, i havent heard of it, explain?

dragon

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Are you talking in reference on Saurian's posts?

I'm not sure of the advantages over the nVidia 590 over the 570, but here are their Tech Specs: http://www.nvidia.com/page/nforce5_specs_intel.html

No doubt it'll be overpriced anyway...

EDIT:

Just realised, the nVidia 570 SLi works at x8 speed, whereas 590 = 16x speed...
Does that really warrant the extra money.... when most cards wouldnt reach the bandwidth cap of x8 yet.... and im not even in an SLi situation yet, im buying a single card.

Meh, whatever, as i said i will have a look around and decide further.

Cheers rambo

dragon