could hardware components encounter "partly" failure.

kenny1999

Although I am using a basic computer system, I don't think my configuration is that bad. With Asus mATX board, i5 2400 CPU, 8GB Kingston DDR3 and 1TB Seagate SATA3 7200 system drive. I don't have video card something but I never play games and I don't have any programs installed that requires high performance. Actually I only have Firefox and some small download manager installed, so a lot of free space on the system drive and other drives and I only clean install windows 7 (OEM) again two weeks ago.

Recently I often encounter very slow speed when executing a program, or trying to refresh a webpage, my broadband is 100M and I didn't have any complaints about their speed. I actually feel so frustrated when it takes 10-20 seconds for a Firefox windows open or a lot a lot of lag when refreshing a webpage or the page even doesn't refresh at last, and a lot of time program crashes. All those programs I use are small clean program.
The most frustrating case is that it usually needs to right click one more time to do something that should be done by one click only, but the mouse I use is decent quality mouse.

Now, I couldn't say my computer doesn't work because I am still typing the thread with the computer, but it feels so strange.

I want to ask a question for long so I take this chance to ask.

Could a hardware, (no matter they are a motherboard CPU or RAM , harddrives, PSU etc...) be "partially" fail ? That mean, a hardware component may have failed or aged in some sense, but is unable to be diagnosed by those common computer tests and it still works, in between "Completely fail" (oh, if a RAM or CPU or harddrives gets burnt then the whole PC goes off and could not boot again without doubt, it's obvious) and "Work perfectly" (work as normal as it designed to be)

For example, it's only my guess, a hard drive might get partially damaged and failed, it still works, it doesn't stop at all. It could still copy and save files but it doesn't save the files as good as it should be, some loss of data, or a RAM is partially failed (just my assumption), it still works , the user could still use the PC, but it's running slower or experience frequent program crashes that the user might notice but couldn't obviously confirm if there is hardware failure. In the middle of "Perfect" and "Completely fail"

In other words, as long as a computer boots up and load into windows, everyday tasks could be done, does it already mean that every primary components of the computer work (mobo,CPU,ram,HDD,PSU etc) perfectly and normally as it should be

Thanks everyone for reading

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Kind of hard to answer this but if you are having browser issues only then it could be as simple as malware installed in the browser in the aspect of addons. I would suggest you to run malware scans on your system. Do steps 1 through 3 in this post.

http://www.computerforum.com/224967-please-read-before-requesting-malware-removal-help.html

step 1 - adwcleaner
step 2 - junkware removal tool
step 3 - malwarebytes

You would also need to run some sort of temp file cleaner(such as Ccleaner) so that your temporary internet files gets deleted every so often or your browser speed will slow down.