Counter-Strike Source Beta

EMO-TOCROSS

Okay so I'm bored and what the hell :rolleyes: . Has anyone played the Beta version of Counter-Strike Source via steam? It's awsome, if you havent, log on to your steam account, click play games, and double click the Counter-Strike Source Beta. I'ts free at the moment, and its way fun. very different from the Counter-Strike 1.6 and Condition-Zero. Anyone here even play counterstrike!? :eek:

Pyotr

I own a legal copy of Condition Zero (it came with my graphics card), but I've to register online or something to get the CD key, and the computer I use at home doesn't have modem. >_<
I would play Counterstrike if I could though. I've tried it a few times, and it's great.

EMO-TOCROSS

Yeah i have the same copy of Condition Zero, It came with my Radeon 9600pro card. You do have to like register and then it gives you a cd key. Thats too bad about the modem, you should get one! :)

Pyotr

Yeah, but with a 56k connection, I can't really be bothered to play online. Too much lag.
I'll start playing when I get my own apartment though. That'll be great.

Pyotr

It'll be a while, there aren't any free. :p
But I don't want to live at my parents' place anyways, so I'm really looking for something.

ThePCmaN

yea CS:S Beta is tight.. but the characters look GOOOFFYY as hell!! im a HUGE CS fan!! ive been playin for like 3 years... i own a legal copy of CS-CZ also.. and im waitin for CS:S to officially come out, so i can go BUY IT!! i really hope they fix the characters in the full game.. and im gettin sick of de_dust on the Source Beta!! cant wait for it to fully come out so we can play all the maps!!

HotRodderx

yuk hate stream love 1.5 stream is ok but it never works for me so i quit playing online now i just play at lan partys i have yet to get to try counter strike sources but i plane on it once i get half life 2 :D

cykx

CS 1.5 died long time ago. The WON servers where taken offline, so theres no way to authenticate, If you have 1.5 just download steam and itll take care of updating. Also you can play 1.6 without steam or a cd key. Im not giving out the site cause I dont want to get banned, since it is pirated software. I used to play 1.5 but I lost my cd key, so I couldnt get 1.6. A friend from Australia game me his Half Life key so now im on CS 1.6. I dont really see any mayor differences. 2 new weapons where added. Thats about all I see since im not a hardcore player. I played CS 1.5 for a year, then about 3 months ago came on 1.6. Im not so good but I do help out. Well, most people that play 1.6 say Source looks like shit. Those who play Source say 1.6 looks like shit. Also, you could play Source off steam fro free when it was Beta with a Condition Zero CD Key off Ebay for about 15 bucks. Now that its not Beta, you have to buy Half Life 2 to play it. So Im staying away from Source. I was told that when a Flashbang goes off you go blind and only hear a ping, so you lose audio and visual ability for a while which is very realistic. FAMAS pwns for me.

plowexvii

Yeah, source is pretty cool. My friend owns a copy and im over there 24/7. I agree, it is very realistic, but unfortunately, i do not believe the leagues are going to have source as one of their games. I've heard something like the game play is so different, that none of them want to host source. If thats the case, i can see major changes happening to source to meet all the 1.6 fans out there, including myself :)

Phillip