WIndows 10 Couple Issues Regarding Quad Monitors & Wireless Keyboard

maximus01can

Howdy,

Having an issue with Logitech MK700 keyboard/MK710 mouse freezing and it's pretty darn annoying.....just wondering if the keyboard could be going sideway's. It's got a few miles on it as I suspect it's about 6 yrs old or so.....thing is it'll work perfect and then just stop working.....sometimes the mouse will move but the keyboard won't take entries, sometimes the mouse won't move....I know there's times when my processor is pinned and not sure what's doing it. As a matter of fact it happened while I was doing this thread, everything quit for 20 or 30 sec. My initial receiver that came with the combo broke and I had to get another that was the recommended replacement......so not sure whether I should just drop the $110 on a new one or try messing around some more...maybe try drivers or something......any thoughts or ideas?

Cheers,
Max

upload_2020-3-28_13-46-0.png
upload_2020-3-28_14-19-20.png

ssal

Have you tried the latest driver update? Change another USB port?
Have you tried another receiver (they are universal)? Re-sync the keyboard and mouse?

tremmor

use the usb in the front. also when was the last time ya changed the batteries on mouse and keyboard.

maximus01can

Thanks guys, did the battery thing...., USB is in the front, have not updated drivers......I just bought another one MK710 combo and it's working fine, but will still freeze since for some reason the processor is pinning at 100% and not sure what's causing it. When that happens nothing works. If that problem is fixed then I believe every other issue will go away.....any thoughts?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps scan your system for malware using malwarebytes? Use task manager to find out what process is using it the most.

maximus01can

Mostly Chrome.....imagine that....I know this isn't the most robust little unit but it shouldn't be bogging like that.....with SSHD and such....

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
SSHD isn't that much better then a regular HDD. Scan your system for malware using malwarebytes. You may have bad extensions in chrome.