CPU fan seems to run to often

Navaros

Assembled a Uniwill barebones and used an Intel P4 2.53 GHz CPU and provided fan and heatsink assembly. All works well except that the fan cycles off and on about once a minute. The manufacturer bios updates indicate that the fan shoud go on at 60 centigrade and off at 59 degrees. I've been trying to flash the bios with the downloaded files from the manufacturer but cannot figure out how to do it running windows XP. Help!

tomb08uk

No sure if this is a similar problem to what i get- i turn pc on the fan runs then stops after about 6 seconds and i have left it running to see if kicks in as worried of frying components.

Thanks

Tom

<<seS>>Saint

If you want to flash your BIOS you need to download the BIOS that you want to flash to and creat a bootable floppy disk with that BIOS. Then reset your current BIOS to the default setting then tell it to boot from floopy. Then restart it should do the rest by its self but just to be sure go to your system setting to see if the BIOS updated.

Navaros

I did download the bios update but can't figure out how to create a bootable CD. The Microsoft Support instructions talk about how to create an El Torito bootable CD and it seems very complicated. Thanks for your comments.