cpu not working right

Kagome100

Ok, well im so cufused on this. At work the computer in one of the rooms well we leave them on 24 7 just because we need them to do there stuff even if we are not there at night. Any way a few times i have come to work in the morning and have found the computer off. Well i go to turn it on and it does not come in. So i mess around with it some and it wont come in still. Than i switched the plug to a diff outlit and it worked. So i thought nothing of it, but today i came in and it was off again. Well i have something else hooked up to this outlit and it works fine so i was cufused and well had to put a ex cord to go to a outlit far away from the computer and well it did not work, so i kept unpluging and pluging back in the same one and well than it worked... So could something be wrong with the power supply or maybe its the power at work?

mihir

VIP Member
Check Whether the motherboard speaker is plugged in or not.
If it is.
Tell us exactly what happens when you turn it on.Do the HDD and the Power LEDs light up in the case or not does it make a beep when you turn it on or not.Do the LEDs light up and then shut off or they don't light up only?
Please elaborate.
This is what a motherboard speaker looks like

speaker.JPG

Nanobyte

Have you checked the power cord? Replace if you have another handy. You could also check the wiring in the outlet, subject to your competence to do so. Checking the supply and when the PC goes off will need some ingenuity.

Personally I would write a script to record the current time every 15 minutes into a text file. If you have an electrically driven timer, you could plug it in to the same location (with 2 or 3 way adapter), set the time. From the time difference in the morning you can tell when it stopped (actually how long it was stopped if it happened multiple times).