crappy comaq

capt_ka

i have a cousin that lost all of his computer discs and motherboard discs and crap like that. he has lost the windpws xp cd too . can he still format the c drive by right clicking and click format then do the system restore that is the d drive? i know when i formatted mine i needed to have all the disks but is there any otheer way? it is a comaq presiario.

Last edited:

Travo925

you will need a windows disc, or boot off an f disc in the floppy to completely reformat your boot harddrive...

jshah41

capt_ka said:
any]can he still format the c drive by right clicking

No he cant, coz you cant format c: drive when u r running windows. windosw xp is in C: drive.

You must need a Windows Xp CD-rom if you format ur hard drive (c: drive). but if you format any other drive then u wont need any cd.

System restore is very helpfull, you can try it.

capt_ka

we did sytem retore but the viruses were still there and a week later it was right back to where we started

capt_ka

and also when i formatted my harddrive i needed the sound card software and the mother board and graphics card software and they dont have all that stuff

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
and also when i formatted my harddrive i needed the sound card software and the mother board and graphics card software and they dont have all that stuff
Goto the compaq site, find the make and model of the system you're working on and download the drivers beforehand :)

capt_ka

ok , and one more thing can they get another copy of windows xp from the compaq website if it is under warrenty or something?