Critique My New Gaming Build- 1400$

I would get the gigabyte x58-ud3r. thats what I use and it is AWESOME. only 180 bucks at microcenter. the case is not great to be honest. go with the haf 922 or 932. for cpu cooler I advise the corsair h50. its a sealed cpu water loop for 80 bucks. GREAT cooling!! with the money saved you can get urself a nice 5850!!
 
the case is not great to be honest.

But if you're married to it a combo will save you another $40 buying it with an HDD the more savvy types on the board have recomended.

The same drive with $40-45 discounts on various cases

A few people seem to like the Gigabyte boards. Assuming you need an OS as well, here's another $20 off
 
Last edited:
I have a Thermaltake Armor series case and I really don't care for it too much.

I think you made a nice choice on the ram, I just bought the same set.

I would stay away from the Artic cooler especially if you plan on OCing. I am using one right now on my sig build and at stock speeds, it is about 10 degrees warmer over the Tuniq Tower 120.
 
I have a Thermaltake Armor series case and I really don't care for it too much.

I think you made a nice choice on the ram, I just bought the same set.

I would stay away from the Artic cooler especially if you plan on OCing. I am using one right now on my sig build and at stock speeds, it is about 10 degrees warmer over the Tuniq Tower 120.


Ya i changed my case to this-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119213

And for the fan/heatsink i went with this-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185142

For my Gpu i went with the 5850-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150477

And i changed my hdd to 2 640gb, on the better reviews of reliability, which ill run in raid 0-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136319

i also went with this mobo instead. it was a little cheaper and it seemed like it was pretty much the same-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131641

Thanks to all for the input, really helped alot, overall i am very happy with my selections. I cant wait to get it all!!!!:D
 
Mobo i suggest:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130226

Cheaper and not much different. The third PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot is only x4 but my next suggestion is to get a 5870 and getting 3 of these cards will be overkill for a long time lol.

Ahh and look for come combo deal ive put a few builds togethor saving almost $100. (if you havnt already).

All of these would work:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.399696
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.395009
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.400919
Couple new parts in there but still all good ones. And $76 off in combos :)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top