Cross Fire Motherboards

PC eye

banned
Did you already order the HIS model? If not you may want a look at other makes for the same or newer model card. I've seen several complain about HIS cards over MSI, Asus, EVGA, BFG, and others especially ATI that offer more and see better results.

PC eye

banned
Bad move for a Crossfire board. Asrock is on the low end especially for a Crossfire board. The only board seen at the vendor there is still lacking a little namely the DFI model seen at http://www.bestekdeals.com/osCommerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_30&products_id=223

For a look at a far better board for the $10 increase over the price seen on the Asrock model the Asus M2A-MVP sums things up at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131175

Hopefully you won't run into the same things that others complained about on HIS brand cards there. But those may have been from those trying to oc the life out their cards? That's a different story to tell there. :p But for a performance board with Quality Asus, Gigabyte, MSI are three of the few to be considering. Others like Abit are reliable while not being as updated.

jutnm

Last edited:

PC eye

banned
The first link saw the "page not found" IE error there. And the second was from your shopping cart. So I couldn't see the items at either of those links.

A "good" not cheapo 550w will easily run those stock. But this will also depend on your other hardwares as well. For ocing and having extra drives and devices you might want something a little heavier while not a mandate. You will be putting a heavier but not excessive load running two cards. But you are far from "needing" anything like a 1000w model. Good air flow for cooling will go alot further overall with a second card generating heat to some degree plus the extra demand on the supply regardless of wattage. The larger supplies can also generate heat as well.

jutnm

so i guess im kinda of good with the power supply i already have, bc i just spent 60$ on it and its keeps cool , but thats just wat im worried about bc the only other things im going to be running is just the 2 cards "not OC" , white cathode lights, 120mm comp fan, and just one CD DVD RW drive and thats it really

PC eye

banned
As long as you have a good supply in that offers a little more then the actual need to have some surplus you should be ok. The thing now is to see if the second HIS card will be as good as the first once you have them both running.

jutnm

hmmmm , ya true, im sure both will run fine, /............ i hope but ya im going with that mobo u showed me for 80$ or so on newegg, seems like a good buy, thanks for all ur help :) seriosuly

PC eye

banned
Asus is one of the best makes available. When you get to the support for updates when that isn't bogged down that it has been lately you will find your through there faster for choosing just what you need.