culd this be the hard drive/

mrbals

hello folks.pls i do have a notebook with incessant restart while operating but does not restart in the safemode.pls could this be my hard drive that is failinf\g as i am running on win vista buisness and i have tried restore n aother options bit even while d restore it goes off.pls what recomeneded so;ution.thanks

HazzaHnoob

Dodgy battery... maybe?

do you happen to have another hard drive hanging about? maybe in another laptop? so you could check...

Dystopia

Could be that your system is overheating. Run it in safe mode, download and install PCWizard, and report the temps.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Is it blue screening then restarting? Try checking the system log (right click on my computer, pick manage. Expand System Tools and then expend Event Viewer and select System. Look around the time your system restarted and see if there is a red X with a source of system error. If there is one double click it and post the numbers.

If there's nothing that doesn't necessarily rule out blue screening but it may be worth scanning your RAM for errors with memtest. You can also check the hdd for errors with seatools or some other diagnostic tool.