Dail-Up Advice....

Ryan Little

Hi

Before I've made my mind up on which broadband provider to go with I could really do with a dial-up option in the mean time. How would I go about this? I had thought about ringing BT and getting them to send a CD in the post but after talking to my local computer bloke this morning I'm unsure what to do. He said to use the number 0845 6091317, enter your username as MSN and dont enter a password. He said it was reliable and cheap and would serve my needs until I'd chosen a broadband provider. I would be grateful if some-one here would concur. If it is the best option is it a case of just entering that number and username in my dial-up settings? Forgive me for the lack of knowledge, I use the internet at work but have never had to set up the connection myself...... :confused:

Many thanks

Ryan

aqsg72

<b>VIP Member</b>
Ryan Little said:
I had thought about ringing BT and getting them to send a CD in the post but after talking to my local computer bloke this morning I'm unsure what to do. He said to use the number 0845 6091317, enter your username as MSN and dont enter a password

I've never heard about this before, but you also want to be sure how much this costs per-minute before you try. Obviously if you are planning on having broadband in the near future you only want to use a simple-pay as you go package rather than an unlimited 3 month min-contract.

(Btw, I would definitely recommend PIPEX [pipex.net] as the best ISP in the UK for adsl)