Data Loss (MFT?) Need help please

TheGuy92

Alright, so I did some overclocking with my Pentium D by 300MHz, everything seemed to be working fine all evening; I then started to copy a CD to my secondary data hard drive, (750GB) which has the data I've been collecting all my life, and then it [the hard drive] suddenly disappeared! The CD copy stopped and I restarted to see if it would come back. I reset my OC settings, and windows did the check disk thing for my 750GB hard drive. When windows finally booted the hard drive was visible, and had exactly the amount of data on it as it did before the crash, except for EVERYTHING in My Documents (which is a single folder on the hard drive) is GONE! (As if it were invisible, as the free space on the drive hasn't gone u) Everything else on the drive looks to be fine.

Please, I don't know what to do. Could it be something to do with the MFT? I've got allot (and I mean allot) of files of great personal value on this hard drive. I know they're still there, but this is rather worrying. Thanks to anyone who helps.

3uL

I forgot to tell you this. Open cmd and type chkdsk x: /f where x is your secondary drive letter.