Data rate for gaming MBPS

Make sure it has a good upload too, and hopefully its a provider with a decent ping, a high ping is the enemy of online gaming.
 
What are you talking about? I assume you mean internet speed, but if that's the case then this should have been posted in the Internet/ISP sub-forum. For all we know you are talking about the transfer rate of a hard drive...
 
[-0MEGA-];1025478 said:
What are you talking about? I assume you mean internet speed, but if that's the case then this should have been posted in the Internet/ISP sub-forum. For all we know you are talking about the transfer rate of a hard drive...

What would that be? I've always wondered how much data is getting transferred while gaming.
 
its necessary to post these threads, even if they are interesting, in the sub-forum that they belong in, even if that sub-forum doesnt get too many hits.
 
What would that be? I've always wondered how much data is getting transferred while gaming.

It depends on the hard drive. Different hard drive technologies have different transfer rates. Serial ATA hard drives have a faster data transfer rate than Parallel ATA hard drives.
 
It depends on the hard drive. Different hard drive technologies have different transfer rates. Serial ATA hard drives have a faster data transfer rate than Parallel ATA hard drives.

Thank you captain obvious!

I was actually wondering the amount of data transfer of components WHILE GAMING. I do know that SATA can be faster than PATA.
 
Ehh.. I'm really sorry that I was so ignorant and put it in the wrong sub-forum. I'm plagued with human stupidity, and it shows some times ( all of us have some (except Jesus )). I just new that my answer would take super long to be answered in the internet one. It'll never happen again. No worries.
 
Last edited:
Ehh.. I'm really sorry that I was so ignorant and put it in the wrong sub-forum. I'm plagued with human stupidity, and it shows some times ( all of us have some (except Jesus )). I just new that my answer would take super long to be answered in the internet one. It'll never happen again. No worries.

Don't worry about it, people do it all the time... I do it too when I have something timely.
 
Back
Top