ddr2

robina_80

are amd going to introduce ddr2 or going to stick with ddr because some intel pentium 4 motherboards come with ddr2 now

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
are amd going to introduce ddr2 or going to stick with ddr because some intel pentium 4 motherboards come with ddr2 now
Eventually. Not for awhile though; if/when they do, to use DDR2 you'll have to buy a new processor cuz the 3500 you plan to get doesnt support it :)

robina_80

yeah im waiting now to get ddr2 pcixpress and sata 2
because theres no point now getting a 64 system nothing can run on it

Last edited:

robina_80

also ive read that if amd were planing to move to ddr2 ddr2 would have to bring out DDR2-667 to overcome the timings something, and also ddr2 has to become cheaper prices, and they say ddr2-667 could come in Q2-2005

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
you can get sata2 on nforce4 boards now. DDR2 isn't worth it and never will be until the stupidly high timings can be brought down to DDR levels

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
yeah im waiting now to get ddr2 pcixpress and sata 2
because theres no point now getting a 64 system nothing can run on it
1. DDR2 is a crap step towards DDR3
2. So no more Athlon64-3500/FX55?
3. How on earth do you figure nothing runs on a 64 system?

robina_80

i am going to get a 3500 pc but not at this momment theres nothing to run on it except windows 64 bit no games software nothing so whats the point of getting it and finding a few months later theres going to be new cpus and mobos im waiting till the time comes it will be soon.

mgoldb2

VIP Member
robina_80 said:
i am going to get a 3500 pc but not at this momment theres nothing to run on it except windows 64 bit no games software nothing so whats the point of getting it and finding a few months later theres going to be new cpus and mobos im waiting till the time comes it will be soon.

I think you a a little confuse a athlon 64 can run both 32 bit and 64 bit programs. I have one All programs and games work great on it.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
i am going to get a 3500 pc but not at this momment theres nothing to run on it except windows 64 bit no games software nothing so whats the point of getting it
LOL and you were ready to shell out for a FX55 ... i guess it's a good thing you didnt eh? ;)