Defender/Advance System Care

jetsmell

I have both Defender and Advance System Care running at the same time. It's not by design. I go to shut down Defender and it comes back on after a reboot. My computer is used mainly for gaming and I have Windows 10.

ramirez

Webroot Security Essentials is a good program, usually can find it pretty cheap on Newegg when they have their email deals

aldan

install a decent av and defender shuts down on its own.without another av you cant really shut it down unless you have win10 pro.

Darren

Staff member
Why are you trying to disable Defender, particularly since you don't have another Antivirus?

Defender is the only AV I use, works alright as long as you're not stupid about it. For a paid option I'd go Avast or Avira. Webroot is meh in my experience, although better than McAfee.

jetsmell

No, it said it's running and the stop button is grayed out. Advance SytemCare does have virus protection among other things and since I paid for it I would like to keep it.
I still have NOD 32 , but not using it. I was told that's better for gaming. I was using NOD 32, had the AdvaceSystem Care Virus Protection OFF and the Defender was OFF ,
but something happened where Defender won't stay disabled.

aldan

advanced system care (this has already been said)is crap,and its not a proper av!for gods sake read the posts in this forum!!!