Dell This Cheap?

rhinoman08

I found this Dell Dimension 8400 on dell.com

-P4 560 with H/T @ 3.6 GHz
-1 GB DDR2 @ 533 MHz
-160 GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
-128 MB ATi Radeon X300 SE
-No Monitor (could of chosen a 17 inch flat panel for free)
-Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
-Dual Drive DvD Rom 16x and CD-RW 48x

TOTAL ONLY $1,186

THIS IS A GREAT DEAL, GO DELL, I THINK I MIGHT GET IT LATER THIS MONTH
-Wat do u think of this deal isnt it great for the $

R3D

Hey

aha yeah same I didnt get that part either lol so you dont get a monitor, but you can ask for a 17" flat screen for free? :S

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I would rather build my own for less but for the average person that does not want the fuss and wants good tech support then I dont think that price tag is overly high although I've spoken with some that hated dells tech support and then others that absolutly loved it.

Anyhow the main reason for my post is that I wanted to mention that I think you should grab that monitor! :) it's free? then take it :) you can always stick it in the closet for a spare and hook up a duel head or sell it even. If you purchase that computer please take the monitor :). And good luck and enjoy.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
rhinoman08 said:
I found this Dell Dimension 8400 on dell.com

-P4 560 with H/T @ 3.6 GHz
-1 GB DDR2 @ 533 MHz
-160 GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
-128 MB ATi Radeon X300 SE
-No Monitor (could of chosen a 17 inch flat panel for free)
-Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
-Dual Drive DvD Rom 16x and CD-RW 48x

TOTAL ONLY $1,186

THIS IS A GREAT DEAL, GO DELL, I THINK I MIGHT GET IT LATER THIS MONTH
-Wat do u think of this deal isnt it great for the $

I am looking at dell's website right now..

First of all there is no need for the 3.6 GHz.. grab the 3.0GHz or 3.2GHz and save some money (up to $357 USD).
The monitor is not free. If you get rid of the monitor you save $35. (and on dell.com it looks like its a CRT not a flat panel

anyway I configured it that way and got $895

I added the Audigy 2 ZS, MCE 2005 and Dual TV Tuner with Remote Control for a total of $1,112. I think that is a pretty good deal.

rhinoman08

minor gaming such as Call of Duty, Command And Conquerer, Everquest II, Age of Empires 3, its a good price if i play those games, and im sorry i thought it was a 17 inch flat panel it is a crt 17 inch

Echo_

thats not really a good deal esp if your gonna do some gaming, but those games arent graphic intense except eq2 i say go with like ibuypowerinc if you cant build your own