Designers or software people please help

Hardway

I am one of those off the wall people that think outside the box even when I don't know anything about the box I want to play with.

I don't know if I am in the right place for this but I figured it was a good place to start.

I have some questions that should be easy to the right person but completely greek to me.

I build custom Harley show bikes for a hobby. With my next build I want to use 5" lcd screens for my turn signals and brakes. I will be running a tablet of some sort for the audio and video all over this bike.

Now comes the questions...

Is there a way to take a raw input signal from a 12v source like a turn signal and brake light and get it to read on a program that can be installed on a tablet and project an image to the 5" screens.

Left turn signal will need a screen shot that says left turn and flashes on and off.
Same format for the right.

The stop will need to override the other two screen and display a stop screen of some sort to all three screen.

So is this too much for such a raw request ?

Like I said I think outside the box !!!!

Troncoso

VIP Member
You can get a microcontroller of some sort to read the signal. Though, 12V is a lot for that.

Check out the Arduino and other related products. Here's an article about controlling 12v DC fans with an Arduino. This will get the signal to the board, then the programming is dirt simple (Depending on your platform) if all you are doing is changing an lcd display. Then you can use a bluetooth adapter to send the on/off data to the tablet and do whatever you want with it.