desktop choices

ripken2004

if u looking to buy a prebuilt comp then they all are pretty much good, just depends on what type of comp u want

why dont u build one, we'll help u

kobaj

VIP Member
No not alienware, yes they have some good gaming rigs but there EXSPENCIVE. I say build your own for half the price. Although I have 3 emachines and they havnt ever done me wrong.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
dells har drives tend to break a lot, e-machines, however cheap the prices, are still good comps, no problems with them. You might also want to look into companies called TINY and TIME

Charlie7940

dells har drives tend to break a lot

Really? Hmm...the only reason I ask is I've always had a dell as my second computer and I've never had a problem with that. But anyway, I would still favor a dell desktop if your looking to take that route. Some of those prices are hard to beat.

ripken2004

dells are good but it looks like u want gaming which just means build one! alienware has monster pc's but at montster prices u can save over a thouand on their area 51

Lax

VIP Member
We already had this discussion and proved that you get what you pay for. Just because your Dell broke doesn't mean they will ALL break. Parts break, some are deective, whatever, buying a dell does not mean you are buying a bad system. In fact I own 2 in my house now.

run4it

Do yourself a favor, save some money and build one. The pc i'm using right now is my first build and its awesome. Only costed me about $800. To get the same performance from a prebuilt computer would have been at least a couple hundred bucks more and the parts wouldn't be as reliable. Plus you don't have the option of putting exactly what you want in it. If you do go with dell unless you get an XPS system you won't be able to do a lot of gaming which i assume you will be doing since you said you wanted an alienware. Just build one, plz.

Dropkickmurphys

around how much money could you save on a home built gaming pc?

i am considering getting a new pc, but i dont know whether to get a company one (campaq etc), a custom built one, or build my own one

run4it

You'd save quite a bit. i built a pc that can run half life 2 at no less than 60 fps for under $600. This didn't include monitor, speakers, keyboard, mouse, etc. If you can build one yourself do it. If you're not sure on what parts to get ask here. If you don't know how to build one youself then go to ebay but be careful there. I got my first pc there and it turned out just fine but i also spent a week or two checkin out the different sellers to make sure i wasn't gettin ripped off too bad.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
From your point of view what is the most reilyable company to buy a good desktop from.
Any and none all at the same time. No matter what company you pick .. someone somewhere will have beef with them

.....look at my signature.......
Also look at the age .... (ok low blow but come'on ... just because your Dell broke doesnt mean all Dells will break ... otherwise they wouldnt get the corporate contracts they do .... helps to look at the big picture sometimes)

around how much money could you save on a home built gaming pc?
Anywhere from -1000 to 1000 bucks. Depends on where you buy, what you buy and how savvy and techie-aware you are

Just do youself a favor and build it.
There are easier ways to jack the post count :)

You'd save quite a bit. i built a pc that can run half life 2 at no less than 60 fps for under $600.
While I concurr with the HalfLife2 .... i bet your machine wont be able to punch out one of the Premier scenes ive been working on in less than 20 minutes ... it kinda depends on what you're building the machine for