Destroyed my hard disk

rebuildneeded

past few days, due to blue screens of win10 of my laptop and its been looping in repairs and reboots (could still boot into safe mode though, and reinstall did not help), i tried to fix by factory reset with the generated usb bootable recovery flash drive

but becoz of a stuck in the middle and overlooked the procedures, i had accidentally done with CLEANs and CONVERTED TO PGT for all the two existing disk partitions.

and then it could not boot anything at all, and only showed PXE-E61 error, as well as no boot device found.

So what reliable and safe softwares might i use on usb flash drive to boot up the system so that I may format the hard disk?

but as it could not boot up the factory usb bootable flash drive, i am not sure if, due to the current status of hard disk (not only no boot found but also not recognized?), the system had already lost some fundamental drivers to read from different pheripherals

Please help.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If it's trying to boot to Network then the drive is toast. Buy a new one. Does the bios detect the hard drive? Usually not if it's trying to boot network as shown by the pxe error.

rebuildneeded

thanks for the reply

i guess my clean and convert to gpt had erased my HDD to be recognised by the system which found no boot device and continued to final boot option the network (maybe i had cleaned also the flash drive too) which wasnt available for my case and therefore pxe-e61 error resulted.

anyway for my recovery i had done it with the factory recovery bootable flash drive, though a number of trials below:

(Trial 1)
Actually i had made my room up side down to get back the recovery media generated on the first day of the laptop use some years ago. However, when inserted for setup, it failed at the end before completion and blue screen error.

(Trial 2)
Then I started to use the win10 installation media flash drive generated by a pc. It worked and completed the installation and accounts logged in. After logged out and logged in for a few rounds, I continued to install the ESET Internet Security, but there came the blue screens again. It seemed some clues appeared.

(Trial 3)
Next I started to use the Dell recovery media flash drive generated (with service tag) by a pc. It worked and completed logged on, though the appearance didnt look really like the original factory state. Anyway its Windows 8.1. After gone thru numerous windows updates, as well as logged in and out for additional few times, I went thru the installation of ESET Internet Security. No problem came so far.

-------------------------------------------
Therefore, obviously serious compatibility issues existed between WIN10 and ESET products (i checked online officially and found ESET only mentioned about win10 issues against their End Point Encryption).

I started to use ESET in late January this year (previously McAfee), and no problem for a number of weeks. Something may have gone wrong in late March or early April for the two softwares, and raised serious conflicts.