DFI LPpro mobo came up short...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikelx21

I just recently finished building my first system with parts that I bought off of newegg.com...I had a DFI Lanparty Pro 875p chipset mobo with a NW p4 3ghz HT 800 fsb. One night I was benchmarking my system with 3dmark03 and it was doing rather well (scored above 9000). Then I decided to oc the cpu to 3.2, oc'ed my video card (pny 6800 non U/GT) @382/802, and disabled the HT to get a performance boost. The benchmark was doing even better than before, but all of a sudden, my computer shut off in the middle and out of nowhere. I tried to turn the computer back on but it wouldnt come on at all! So I waited a little while in the hopes that maybe it would boot up. NOTHING!..my mobo was getting power with the CC lights and fans coming on...but windows didnt boot =(. I took the fan and HS of of the processor and noticed that it didn't even get hot...

Does anyone know what could have possibly happened and how I can prevent it from happening again?

Greg J.

VIP Member
Reset your bios back.

Reset your BIOS back to default. (You could try to take out the battery on the motherboard for 10 seconds (CMOS battery) then PUT IT BACK IN. That should reset all the clock speeds to default. AND what is your power supply rating? (You could of overtaxed it there and blew a small piece while overclocking.)

Status
Not open for further replies.