difference in these two pc's

apj101

VIP Member
big difference not only speed the ram and everything else should be faster.
there will be a difference yes, but it depend on what you are using the pc for,if its for surfing, emailing, and word processing then you will not see a huge improvement (this is a sempron after all ;))

r53s

The 1700+ is a thoroughbred, running at 256 L2, the same cache as the 3100+, a downgraded newcastle, but has the same cache as the 1700+.
So, big difference...

Benjidrummer

Hi Guys, thanks for the info, the sempron is £300, and thats my price range say +50 i suppose, but is there any other models you advise me getting, just the tower though,

whatever model i'll be getting i'll be upgrading the graphics card, but this is another thing i don't get, i was advised to get the ati 9800 as its suppose to be the best, but i go on ebay, buy it now prices, and some are £60 some are £160, and they look completely different, but their both called radeon 9800, any advice on that?

thanks

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
difference in these two pc's
- Well depending on the Semperon3100 you're getting it could be 32bit or 64bit (most likely 32bit) ... on-die memory controller will make a world of difference
- Videocard is a few steps better but still leaps and bounds behind anything halfdecent

Hehe the picture of the motherboard is an nF4 one ... the box is packing a SiS760GX (i wont even comment on the videocard ;))
This is the board yer getting

this is a sempron after all
So?

the same cache as the 3100+, a downgraded newcastle
It'd be a Paris/Palermo based on a Newcastle OR Winchester :) we dont have enough info to determine the exact core

whatever model i'll be getting i'll be upgrading the graphics card, but this is another thing i don't get, i was advised to get the ati 9800 as its suppose to be the best, but i go on ebay, buy it now prices, and some are £60 some are £160, and they look completely different, but their both called radeon 9800, any advice on that?
Well i'd advise you to get a Radeon9800Pro .. not a Radeon9800. They will look different depending on the make though...