Disable exe files on removable device??

ib_redbeard

Hi,
I want to disable users from running exe, bat, cmd, etc files on their removable devices. Is that possible? I don't like the idea of users bringing in the device and running any program they like. Unfortunatly, I cannot disable all users from using USB devices because some actually need it for business use. Thanks in advance!!

ib_redbeard

yes, briefly. I know that there is a group policy to block the installer from running, but I couldn't find one that prohibits running the above mentioned extentions. If you could tell me where to go..... :)

Geoff

VIP Member
you know, my teacher just disables .exe's from running off of flash drives, so you want them to run on some but not others? There might be a program the specializes in policies like that, you should look on download.com

ib_redbeard

I do have a program running called devicelock, which does a great job. Although I believe it cannot do what I am asking. Thanks for the help!!

P.S. Could you ask your teacher how he/she does it?

apj101

VIP Member
your users wont be able to do anything if you block exe files, not even load msword, check emails. And there start up profile will be clear of all start up apps. The computer will just sit there