disk boot failure after removing 1/2 HDs

ronnie101

New Member
I had 2 harddrive in my computer, C: F: I removed the c: HD from my computer and i wish to run the operating system which is located on the F: HD only. I moved the hd to the primary ide connector but when i boot up i get the "DISK BOOT FAILURE" error. I also tried to rebuild my bootcfg.ini with bootcfg /rebuild from the recovery command prompt but that did not work. something strange is that it says my F: is now C: any suggestion?
 
I had 2 harddrive in my computer, C: F: I removed the c: HD from my computer and i wish to run the operating system which is located on the F: HD only. I moved the hd to the primary ide connector but when i boot up i get the "DISK BOOT FAILURE" error. I also tried to rebuild my bootcfg.ini with bootcfg /rebuild from the recovery command prompt but that did not work. something strange is that it says my F: is now C: any suggestion?

What OS do you have installed on F:? Are you sure it's properly installed?

It could be that ( F: ) may not be a bootable drive. I would try FIXBOOT command in the command prompt.
 
Back
Top