Votes: 17 65.4%
  • I don't block ads!

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I only block popups

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

Christopher

VIP Member
I was just wondering how many people use some type of adblocking application.

For those who use Moz or Firefox, then you probably know of the adblock extension that allows you to block all kinds of advertising. Thats what I use, and I block everything from Google ads to annoying images :D

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I only block popups via the google toolbar. As a webmaster myself, I dont want to deprive sites that I visit of a right to make a living by blocking the ads as well. Though even with the popup blocker, I still get some ads pop up, from very respected sites as well. So I guess there are always ways to unblock the blockers.

Christopher

VIP Member
ian said:
I only block popups via the google toolbar. As a webmaster myself, I dont want to deprive sites that I visit of a right to make a living by blocking the ads as well. Though even with the popup blocker, I still get some ads pop up, from very respected sites as well. So I guess there are always ways to unblock the blockers.
Ads are annoying as hell to me. Text ads are okay, but if I can block'em, then I'll block'em. I'd rather donate $5 ($5 a person for no ads should equal up, no?) to a website for no ads (if it is a site I frequent).

ian

Administrator
Staff member
well msn relies on advertising dollars, so microsoft may not incorporate an adblock feature as a standard on IE
I know it is cool to use firefox, I did install it and try it, but just didnt like it.

tweaker

VIP Member
ian said:
I know it is cool to use firefox, I did install it and try it, but just didnt like it.

Same here, tried it a couple of times but it always ends up annoying me since it just won't load all my frequently visited sites without errors. :(

I use the great popup blocker in SP2 nothing else.

Christopher

VIP Member
I don't get any errors on any sites -- what kind of errors?

The only thing that annoys me somewhat is that all flash content has that "AdBlock" tab under them, though even that isn't usually a problem.

UndeadInsanity

I block popups.

Normal adverts don't bother me too much, as I don't have to physcially have to do antyhing to ignore them.

But with popups you have to physically close them.

I just use the ad blocking software that comes with Google's toolbar.