does compaq make hp?

capt_ka

my cousin wants to buy a hp and his previous computer was a compaq witch he hated. and i want to know if compaq made hp because compaq has hp on their website

Lax

VIP Member
HP bought compaq a while back, so it's the other way around, HP makes compaq (even thought compaq is sort of a dead company).

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, HP bought the Compaq brand (although I believe all compaqs are still designed by the compaq team) however I wouldn't say an HP is better than a Compaq

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Compaq had a few problems, which is why they were dying. HP stepped in and took over. Everything is fine now and HP are one of the leaders in PC development. Dont confuse them with compaq, its dead and gone. HP are a good company. Compaq is dead.

Dell is a good company if you want cheap goods delivered quickly. As for their after sales help..... it's not to speak of. If you actually get through to someone on the phone, they are in India and dont actually know what you are talking about. Forget the big companies --> buiold your own PC, if anything goes wrong there are places called forums...... oh wait a minute, heres one now.............

Last edited:
dell is the biggest rip off in the world, and if your looking to buy a computer just go get a cheap e-machine or sumthin and then mod it , or just build your own

r53s

Things are happening...
Did you think that a Chinese company would buy International Business Machines...
Can you think that Intel is going to buy Apple...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
All oems have a bad reputation so it's like russian roulette.
Havnt heard any semi-intelligent (or better) person say that about Voodoo or Faclon NW

Yes i am sure that HP own compaq Now....
Since a few people have already posted that I'm pretty sure you're right