Does this mean I have to buy a new video card?

alec

Hi, I recently installed The Sims 2 Bodyshop, but it didn't open and I got the following error message:

"Failed to enumerate any DirectX 9 compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9 compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest manufacturer provided driver. The application will now terminate ..."

If I understand correctly, this pretty much means I have to buy and install a new video card (I think I only have the most basic one, as my computer was originally built as a business, not gaming computer).

According to The Sims 2 system requirements, I should have;

32 MB Direct3D capable video card with DirectX 9.0b compatible driver capable of T&L

And these two are recommended;

* ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
* NVIDIA GeForce 4 or FX series cards

Is what I've said so far correct? Which of these two cards are better? How much would it cost to buy one and have it installed? Can I install it myself?

Thanks a bunch - you guys are great!

alec

Nope, nothing yet

Well, it looked like it was going to work once I updated the drivers (if actually loaded!) but it still didn't work fully. I tried everything recommended in that list, but nothing worked so I suppose I'm back to considering buying a new graphics card.

Last edited:

zabandit

Hello, don't know if you guys could help me out (would be very appriciated). I seem to be in a similar situation to alec. Same graphics card and so on.

I'm not sure what the conclusion to the above problem was :confused:
Is the above link meant to be updated drivers?
Did alec have to buy a new graphics card?

If the above link is my solution can anyone help me find a more recent link as I've searched high and low on the SiS website and can't find it? (not that I'm completely sure what I'm looking for...)

Again any help would be really appriciated!!

-Jeff