dont know if 300watt is sufficient

littlenicky

:confused: im confused i dont know if my power supply will be sufficient i am in the process of recieving a 300w power supply for my prety horrible new computer as far as new computers go. But i got it for aroud 300$ so thats a plus!

2.0ghz celeron
120ghz 7200 hdd
cd-rw dvd-rw combo
128 ddr 266 (sucks)
4x agp 64 geforce 2 400 mx
17 inch monitor

should a 300w be ok?

littlenicky

does this even matter to my computer...and whats the difference with 300w and 350w ... i know 350w watt has a bigger number... but are there any compatability issues?

weed

2.0ghz celeron
120ghz 7200 hdd
cd-rw dvd-rw combo
128 ddr 266 (sucks)
4x agp 64 geforce 2 400 mx
17 inch monitor

300 watt should be fine for the comp specfications you have...the main difference is the amount of power it takes 350 means it will take more power..usually if you have more hard ware e.g 2 HDD 2 CD roms and other hardware accessories then you would need more power supply your hardware.. having a higher power voltage enables all your hardware to work effectively as they will be enough power to supply all the components..lower voltage may cause conflicts as the supply of power would be sufficent enough to run all the hardware in your pc.. but u should be fine.. im running a 300w psu wit 2 cdrom/cdrw 2 hdd invida 8x 128mb agp card 512md sd ram.. havent had any problems..

nomav6

yea 300 is OK, as long as you dont load it down with fans and lights and all that other stuff,
btw Lorand, Great link, I'll have to add to favs. could come in handy later hehe

kalson

wat i would suggust , is get a dual fan 350 W PS if u thinkin tat u r goin to put fans and coolin on ur pc , jus incase

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
yea 300 is OK, as long as you dont load it down with fans and lights and all that other stuff,
The (basic) fans rarely use more tha 0.5W and the lights dont use all that much either... now if your case is stock full of Tornados or Volcanos then thats a different story. The big drainers are the CPU, HDD and VideoCard